Proofreader Central is a one-person business specialising in proofreading, copy editing and editing.
My clients deal with me directly. Your work is my personal priority.
Specialist Proofreading, Copy-editing and Editing Services
- Academic work (undergraduate to PhD level theses, student essays, research articles). International and ESL students welcome.
- Corporate work (specialist experience in the areas of organisational psychology, equity & derivatives trading, charting and technical analysis)
- Websites (content writing, proofreading, copy editing and editing)
- Manuscripts (all genres of fiction, non-fiction)
- Screenplays (movie, TV, theatre, including format checking)
- Computer game cut-scenes (proofreading, copy editing)
- Ebooks (content writing, proofreading, copy editing and editing)
- Ebay seller listings; Dating profiles; Job applications, cover letters, CVs/resumes (content writing, proofreading, copy editing and editing)
- B.A. (English) with Distinction; double major in English Literature & Creative Writing
- Royal Society of Arts (Cambridge University) Certificate in TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
- 25+ years as professional proofreader, copy editor and editor
- 15 years ESL teaching in Western Australian universities and private institutions
- Published writer (see details under ‘Publications’ below)
- Law Court proofreader/monitor
- Multiple articles published by prestigious Australian e-journal of social and political debate, OnlineOpinion
- Author of movie review and social commentary blog The Boomtown Rap (post awards in Top 40 Australian Blogs for 2007, 2008)
- Founder and author of acclaimed Perth punk history site, www.perthpunk.com
- Short stories published in Westerly (University of WA), Naked Eye (Curtin University) & Mattoid (Deakin University)
- Co-editor, Propel’r (national literary magazine promoted by Radio Triple J and sponsored by Perth Artrage Fringe Festival)